Helpdesk and Asset Tracking Software

Richard Wilson relw at mchsi.com
Thu May 31 22:18:29 MST 2007

Ben,

Some time ago I started to implement RT -- Request Tracker by Best
Practical (http://bestpractical.com/rt) which is an Enterprise grade
problem tracking/ticketing system.  Sourceforge tells me that someone
has enhanced it to add asset tracking as well
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtat/).

My efforts got set aside in favor of the preferred Corporate
"solution" (which somehow changes every few years and is NOT user
friendly)... so I can't share any experience with RT.  I heard about it
through a presentation at OSCON a few years back, iirc...

RT is open source, I am not sure if the license is GPL or something
else.

HTH,

Richard Wilson