COX Communications Sucks (Was: moving e-mail)

Jim arizona.anorak at gmail.com
Tue May 29 23:53:12 MST 2007

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

>  Erich,
>
>    It may surprise many that the U.S. is considered to be relatively
> behind in terms of broadband penetration and market maturity( aka.
> affordability ).  In my view, this situation is due entirely to our
> current regulation policy.

While I agree that government regulation gets in the way, I have to
believe a lot of the problem has to do with the size of this country.
Install fiber to provide high speed internet service to the people who
live between Congress and Aguila along highway 71.  How many millions
would that cost?  How many customers would there be along those many
miles of fiber?  Answer: Maybe the guy who owns the gas station at the
intersection of highway 71 and US 93.  Put a thousand feet of fiber in a
high rise apartment building and you could have a thousand people on it.

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0