OT - Cheep wireless cameras

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:21:50 MST 2007

On 5/29/07, Jeremy Miller <jmminaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> That ebay auction has a link to a working camera. According to nmap it
> runs Linux.

weird.  Because when I tried it, it required an ActiveX control.  I believe
nmap just does a few empirical tests on the IP stack(OS fingerprinting) [0],
and the camera may just be running some kind of OSS firmware or something.
I don't know much about this camera, but I have found really good deals on
this kind of gear on Ebay.  Often industrial suppliers will be selling
electronics wholesale at very low prices.  jmz

[0] http://insecure.org/nmap/osdetect/

--

( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner at gmail.com