Procmail problems

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue May 29 12:46:00 MST 2007

Am 29. May, 2007 schwätzte Nathan Aubrey so:

> All,
>
> I switched from mbox files to maildir folders on my mail server. I can access
> all my messages and everything seems to be working, except... procmail
>
> Current .procmailrc in my home directory is this:
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> MAILDIR=${HOME}/.Maildir
> DEFAULT=$HOME/.Maildir/
> LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
>
> :0:
>

> Spam goes straight to my inbox and I cannot get anything to be filtered.
> Any help?

You might need to do something other than the / to indicate Maildir. I
don't remember and don't have time to read the man page for you.

Turn up debugging.

LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/proclog
LOGABSTRACT=all
VERBOSE=off

Then you can follow along in your proclog to see what procmail is doing.

Don't forget your failsafe for when you work with procmail.

# make a backup of all incoming mail before going on to sort mail...
:0 c
backup

:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,200d`

ciao,

der.hans

> Nathan

#  veni, vidi, wiki - I came, I saw, I documented