Will this ethernet "splitter" work satisfactorily?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Thu May 24 19:18:31 MST 2007

How well did it work?  I was thinking about this just the other day.  I
have two CAT6 cables and jacks in one cube.  In that cube I have a
device requiring 3 of the four pairs and two devices requiring only 2
pairs.  I thought about just re-punching on both ends to split the
pairs, but not being very good with CAT6 and not having a high end
tester, I felt I would end up destroying my lovely tested GIG-E
connection. Since I plan on actually utilizing it in the next two years
I really did not want to do that, and I am just too lazy to run a cable
and make it look pretty.