How to copy files between computers on an ethernet switch?

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:18:01 MST 2007

Depends on the nature of the files you are transferring. However if linux to
linux is the situation, you can usually remote mount the drive if they are
on the same network and move files that way. Requires that the both
computers have NFS running, but I believe you should have by default.
Depending on your Distro.

I don't know the exact command, as I have been doing samba mounts and not
nfs, but I presume something like:

I hope that makes sense. Then it is just commandline moving files or via
your x-windows moving files visually.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell