Will this ethernet "splitter" work satisfactorily?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Sat May 19 00:18:20 MST 2007

Just so I say it before you wonder why there's little to no difference
performance wise between a hub and a switch for your configuration,
here goes.

You probably won't notice any performance difference between a hub or
a switch in your configuration.

A switch really only shows it's use in 2+ machine networks, where
large amounts of packets are destined for multiple machines
sequentially.
Just had to throw that into the water to make it a little less murky ;)

That being said, switches and hubs are about the same price nowadays,
and at $9, that's a smokin' deal.

--Dan

On 5/18/07, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> I have an ethernet hub working now and have ordered an ethernet
> switch from geeks.com for $9.00 that I am told should work much
> faster.  I'll report back once I can test the performance
> difference.
>
> Thanks again.

"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte