The other two ethernet questions - thanks!

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu May 17 22:48:58 MST 2007

.
On Thu, 17 May 2007 22:38, Darrin Chandler wrote
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 11:26:52PM -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
> > question #3 was: Until I get the hub hooked up, can I just
> > move the ethernet connection wire back and forth between the
> > two computers?
>
> A couple of times, I have done this very thing in times of great
> need. It's not at all convenient, but there's no reason why you
> can't. It will stink as even a short-term solution, and you'll want
> a hub.
>
> I came in late on this... are you in dire need of a hub and can't get
> one?

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

I'm not in "dire" need.  I was just exploring options.
I certainly could purchase one, though Lynn David Newton has
kindly offered to give me one that he was going to discard.

There is no critical rush on this, but I am just eager to
begin downloading packages to get the new (used) computer I
just acquired all set up until I get Lynn's hub.

Thanks again to all you excellent PLUG friends.