The other two ethernet questions

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu May 17 22:26:52 MST 2007

.
On Thu, 17 May 2007, Jon M. Hanson wrote
> Josef Lowder wrote:
> > Does every computer have a separate IP address?
> >
> > ... would it work if I just unplugged the ethernet cable from
> > one computer and plugged it in to the other, moving them back
> > and forth as needed?

> Read the very first review. It specifically says that device does not
> replace a hub or switch. You really need a hub or a switch to do what
> you're trying to do.

Yes, after I sent that last inquiry, I read further and saw the
review you mentioned.

But question #2 was, does every computer have (need to have)
a separate IP address in all circumstances?

And question #3 was: Until I get the hub hooked up, can I just
move the ethernet connection wire back and forth between the
two computers?