Will this ethernet "splitter" work satisfactorily?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Thu May 17 21:43:45 MST 2007

.
While searching for ethernet cables to use with the hub that
Lynn David Newton offered to give me, I came across this item:

http://www.amazon.com/Cat5e-100base-T-Line-Splitter/dp/B000BSLXDE

Is there any reason why this simple "splitter" would not work
to allow me to connect my two computers to my 2Wire router?
I would only be using one at a time in any case.

Does every computer have a separate IP address?

Or, would it work if I just unplugged the ethernet cable from
one computer and plugged it in to the other, moving them back
and forth as needed?