Trash can screwup

Harold hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 22:32:27 MST 2007

Thanks Dazed for response.

I recently found the trash folder that you mentioned. I had done a find
search for Trash* and did not get any returns, but had a fascinating
list of files. It took quite a while to run. Lots of stuff to learn
about.

In the meantime in a fit of pique I logged onto windows and found either
a file or folder (forget exactly which) that was holding my undeletable
files. Windows shift delete axed them. When I logged back onto Linux the
files were gone.

I am speculating that because I did not delete the files correctly
the /mnt/hda5 folder went weird in assigning permissions since it was
being accessed through the desktop trash folder. I yet to take the time
to experiment with it.