How do I mount my hdd under knoppix?

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 11:50:20 MST 2007

3.6 and all knoppix standard versions use kde. kde by
right clicking on the hdx icon gives the option to
mount that partition or drive if only one partition.
Then make it writeable by clicking again if you need
to write to it. This assumes you did NOT do a
poorman's install and are running from that partition.
IF you did, then only the other partitions are useable
to read from.

Been there, done that. Poorman's install wise!

The down side is you need a second cd/dvd writer to
write to the disk as knoppix is running from the cd in
the tray and cannot be removed.

A 'cheap and dirty' to you guys with single cd/dvd's
is to download the latest puppy linux distro as it
'frees' up the tray as the whole os mirror sits in the
ram after it copies it to ram..about 25 seconds during
bootup. Just a 'little less' of an os than knoppix is,
but will allow us with ONE cd/dvd tray to write files
using its gui called kombust or something like that.

Done the write thing many times when two cd's were
there. Also, poorman's may work from single partition,
somewhere in back of mind it does, but it sure 'locks'
that partition if multi partitions are on the drive
iirc.