Seamless Virtualization

Tim Noeding tim.noeding at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:21:07 MST 2007

Hello all,

I am currently running Kubuntu Feisty Fawn and WindowsXP on my laptop and
currently in school. I am required to use tons of proprietary software in
the current curriculum. The only issue with that is I need Windows to use
them. So I asked a few questions at one of the PLUG meetings and was
directed toward Qemu and VMware. I was able to get Qemu and Kqemu working
perfectly, so I have an img file of WindowsXP that runs just fine. I am now
trying to get Seamless Virtualization working so I don't have to run the
virtual machine every time I run a program. I used "
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeamlessVirtualization " to help me get
everything set up. I have followed everything perfectly, but I end up with
an error when I run the rdesktop line in terminal. It gets past the keyboard
setup, but stops at opening the window. Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated.

-Tim Noeding