video archiving

Jim arizona.anorak at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:21:47 MST 2007

Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I found some videos on youtube I would like my wife to see, but I don't have
> internet access at home. Does anyone know who to archive the videos on
> youtube?
>
> Nathan

Here's what I do when there's something on youtube that I want to keep.

1. Copy into the clipboard the url of the youtube page that has the
video I want.

2. Empty Firefox's cache.

3. Load the youtube page in question and let the video play until finished.

4. Look in the cache, find the biggest file and rename it to something.flv

--

"That income tax you know it's nothing more than legal robbery"
Sidney "Pa" Larkin

The magic HD-DVD number is:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0