dd restore command

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Wed May 9 15:47:01 MST 2007

I am not very good with dd, or pipes for that matter, so I need some
help.  I need a command executed on KnoppixClientB to take IMAGE.gz
stored on ServerA and restore a hard drive.  I tried executing the
following from KnoppixClientB

root at Knoppix:/ramdisk/home/knoppix# dd of= /dev/sda | ssh -c blowfish
user at ServerA "gunzip -c | dd if =/home/IMAGE.gz"

But Knoppix just hangs after I enter the password for ServerA.

I created the image using

root at Knoppix:/ramdisk/home/knoppix dd if=/dev/sda bs=1k
conv=sync,noerror | gzip -c | ssh -c blowfish user at ServerA "dd
of=IMAGE.gz bs=1k"

Any suggestions?

Bryan O'Neal
Cornerstone Homes & Development, Inc.