What sound card works for MIDI?

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Wed May 9 00:32:49 MST 2007

Hey Vic,

A couple of things, the MPU-401 you mention is usually the Midi in/out
interface on your sound card, not necessarily a soft synth? I could be
wrong in this case as I've not used Rosegarden and I know that
sometimes in Windows a soft synth shows up as an emulated MPU-401.  I
know that with earlier Creative cards, you had to actually load your
"sound fonts" in order to play back .midi files

Getting started with MIDI on Linux:
http://tinyurl.com/2rqwjz

More info on Sound Fonts in Linux:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LA_SoundFonts

Sorry I don't have better info for you.  I tend to use a Mac for my
music stuff because Logic is just so good that I can't ween myself off
of it.

Micah