Fw: Cannot boot computer - solved

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon May 7 10:50:42 MST 2007

Josef Lowder wrote:

> After much searching on the Internet, I learned that this is
> a known problem with this Dell computer and the solution is to
> unplug the computer (and if that doesn't work, to also remove
> and reinstall the battery and/or the memory chips), then the Dell
> will see the bios again.  This may need to be done more than once.
>
> After several attempts, that finally worked.

Josef,

I have been following this thread with some interest since I have a
desktop computer with similar symptoms.  This computer had some other
behaviors that point me away from a perfect match, including the fact
that it is not a Dell.  However, I'd be interested in the references
that you found.  If you have the links handy, could you provide them
here or off list?

Alan