Fw: Cannot boot computer

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 22:22:58 MST 2007

Sounds like one of a few things.

1. Your power supply died. Does the cd/dvd tray run in
and out when the button is pushed?

2. Your bios died. But then I would think the monitor
would do something besides black screen.

3. Oh, boy, now what! Possibly the video card?? If you
have a spare video card, or on another machine of the
correct type, try that.

4. Monitor is not coming up..dead or ?? Try a
different monitor. Plug monitor into another machine
and see if it light up and works? Check the power cord
for the monitor, yeah, I know you already did but do
it again.

5. Bad monitor cable? Never seen one, but always a
first.

A truly blank screen says that the box isn't talking
to the monitor.

Did you check the video cable to make sure it didn't
wiggle loose..should be 'screwed' in but sometimes...
people just push them on. Is the video card (if a
seperate card) seated?

Ed