[Fwd: Champaign, IL - Linux Sys Admin search]

Lynn Newton lynn.newton at gmail.com
Sat May 5 16:38:22 MST 2007

Champaign/Urbana is the location of University of
Illinois, my alma mater, and where I lived for six
years. Later, when I worked for Motorola, the company
owned a whiz-bang software development house located
there. As far as I know they are still associated
with Motorola.

Although C/U is a small town (or pair of towns),
U of I is one of the great universities, where the
Beckman Institute is (I think it's called), the
birthplace of the Web, and is a hub of cultural
activity of all kinds. It certainly was a rich source
of many good things when I was there. (1961-1967)

Anyone looking for a life in a quiet and inexpensive
town that is alive with many good things happening,
much of it available also to non-students, would
have to look hard for a better place. I would
consider moving back there myself for those very
reasons.

But as they say ... you can never really go home.
Life goes on.

On 5/5/07, Kevin Brown <kevin_brown at qwest.net> wrote:
> Not real close to here, but it is a Linux opportunity.

Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ