Gigabit network hardware

David daz at damnetwork.net
Sat May 5 06:34:28 MST 2007

Well, the time has come.  I got my tax returns and now I must upgrade my
home network.  Currently, I have 100Mb wired with a linksys wap54g for our
laptops, etc.  I would like to upgrade to Gigabit for the wired and
possibly something better than my linksys for wireless.

What are the recommendations for switches and NIC's?  Also, how can I tell
if my current ethernet cables can hang with the new speeds?

/am I showing my network hardware ignorance enough?  :)
Thanks,
David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."