Macs Again [was: Re: Old Hardware]

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 14:34:50 MST 2007

How's this for an endorsement? My mom, a confirmed technophobe and
non-enthusiast has been using a Mac for about the last six years.  She
has been more productive and independent than I've ever seen her on a
computer since she started using one and she has had exposure and
experience with them since the good old days of DOS 2.11.  Of course,
this is just anecdotal, YMMMV (Your Mom's Milage May Vary).  I
personally think she is less intimidated by computers than she used to
be, but she also seems to like her Mac.

For whatever it's worth, I use a Mac Book Pro as my home machine and a
Mac Pro as one of my desktop machines at work (along side my Sun Ultra
20) and I've got nothing but good things to say about the hardware and
the software.  It's a solid platform.  It's not everyone's choice, but
I think it's probably the most friendly *nix desktop available today
and you can go as deep or as shallow as you want with it and it still
'just works.'

Good luck

Micah