Slow DVD write

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 12:34:29 MST 2007

I have 10 rewriteable DVD's that I use to do backups.

I use Konqueror to copy to the meda window that opens when I click on the DVD on the desktop.

It used to take 3 to 5 minutes to copy about 130Mb user xp.  Under Linux it takes 12 to 18 hours.

Thanks for your help.

Ben Francom <bfrancom at gmail.com> wrote: On 3/31/07, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote: I right clicked the CD on  the desktop - no speed setting found.

I'm running Fedora Core 6 and KDE.

How do I select the speed?

I haven't used fedora for a while.  What app are you using to burn?  In k3b you should be able to select it.  Try googling for it.

Keith Smith
A link from my website to yours
Submit Your Metro Phoenix Website