Slow DVD write

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 21:11:53 MST 2007

Seemed to work and now it does not.

Double checked everything and rebooted.

Still very slow copy.

Any further ideas much appreciated.

chip33az at netscape.net wrote:           Does this help any?

 http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=114586&page=1&pp=15

 klsmith2020 at yahoo.com wrote: Hello All,

 I have a DVD bruner and have some 4.7Gb rewritable disks.

 I started a write session last night using Konqueror.  It continues to stall and reports transfer of 4 to 8kbs.  Real slow when trying to write 140Mb.

 Reading is extremely fast.

 I'm not sure why it is so slow.  I'm running Fedora Core 6 and KDE on a new Dell 2.8GHtz duo Intel and 1Gig of RAM.

 Any insight much appreciated,
 Keith

   Keith Smith
   A link from my website to yours