Accelerated Open Source OpenGL in Linux WAS RIP: Linux Community (1991-2007)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Mar 30 11:48:12 MST 2007

Am 30. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Darrin Chandler so:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 08:36:29AM -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
>> It's by no means comprehensive, but there's www.vendorwatch.org. It's
>> focused more on components than major OEMs like Dell.
>
> It seems that they're now tracking big OEMs better. At the bottom of the
> main page is a decent list of vendors, including Dell, with a checkbox
> for Friendly, Somewhat Friendly, or Unfriendly. It also has a link to a
> company page with details of that vendors history wrt open/free
> software.

Yes, much better than last time I looked at it. I still don't see anything
for video cards.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
#  better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use
#  of one's contributions to computer science."  -- Donald E. Knuth