Accelerated Open Source OpenGL in Linux WAS RIP: Linux Community (1991-2007)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Mar 29 23:25:21 MST 2007

Am 29. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Bryan O'Neal so:

> My Intel chipset worked out of the box with FC and Beryl was a package
> manager selection away from all the gooey GL goodness Linux has to
> offer...  Then again it was a dell machine, and dell is becoming more
> and more Linux friendly.

I've heard Intel has been providing a lot of support for Free Software
drivers for their video chipsets ( are you listening AMD and ATI? ).

Are there any video cards that use the Intel chipsets and have good Free
Software support?

I would gladly buy a couple of good video cards with Free Software support
were they available.

Like JT I would like GL support.

ciao,

der.hans
#  If you don't think for yourself, others will think for you --
#  to their advantage.  -- Harold Gordon