Locations was Re: Why we are all here (was Re: audio cd)

Andrew Harris tuna at supertunaman.com
Thu Mar 29 18:43:22 MST 2007

Ok, but there are two problems with that:

  1. I'm 15. What can I do?
  2. I don't know any Linux users, and I don't know where to find them, which is why I want to attend your meetings even though I can't.

Kevin Brown <kevin_brown at qwest.net> wrote:
  > Avondale. and it is boorrrrriiiiiiing!!!
>
> No really, all the LUG's around here are dead (or in this case, 2 hours
> away during rush hour). So everyone I talk to who actually knows what it
> is doesn't know a thing about it! Basically, the only contact I get with
> other Linux users is through email/IM. It kinda sucks...

So, start up an informal get together in your area and encourage others
to participate with flyers or word of mouth. Get them to join the PLUG
list and see where things go from there. If you want an example of an
informal get together, look at the Stammtisch as an example.