Job Openings at ACA

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:37:44 MST 2007

Milwaukee based co., but with a branch in Phoenix (near Metro Center).
ACA stands for Astronautics Corp. of America (see www.astronautics.com,
and/or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronautics_Corporation_of_America).
    Today the founder of the co., (Nate Zelazo) visited the Phoenix branch
office.
He was born Sept. 28, 1918, according to an article in the magazine
"Wisconsin Business".  I was impressed by how he seemed (at least,
the way he talked), to love scientific advancement, more than ho-hum
everyday "business" success.  (ACA has a lot of both).
I forwarded a notice about the [March 28] W Side [PLUG] meeting, to
everyone in the Phoenix branch office;
(At ACA, we use Gnu/Linux in some of our development platforms,
as well as for some of the airborne equipment that we make.)
   My boss replied, saying that I should tell everyone in PLUG about
our job openings for some software engineers, and I think at least
one systems engineer.  She says [you can] << "go to careerbuilder.com
website, using keywords = astronautics, location = phoenix, AZ,
categories = engineering. They will see the job descriptions [...]" >>.
However, she also said, "They can forward their resumes to you directly."
    I think the latter is a reference to the fact that, there is a bonus
program (which is probably about to expire, the end of March).  If you
send your resume to [via] me, then I might get a bonus of [say]
$3000.00 (probably "before tax").  Wow!
   ((even if I give you less than half of the bonus, it's still a good deal
for
all concerned, because if there is any such bonus, it means they made
you a competitive offer that [was so good, that] you "couldn't refuse" it.))
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org