sony spying?

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Fri Mar 23 15:29:40 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 12:06 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 23. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:
>
> > On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 01:31 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> >> moin moin,
> >>
> >> http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/01/sony.htm
> >>
> >> I hadn't realized they had also been spying on customers.
> > ----
> > you must have forgotten as it was a tremendous stink when it came out
> > that several Sony Music CD's automatically installed spyware on your
> > computer when you inserted it into a Windows computer.
>
> I remember the stink about the rootkit, I just didn't realize it had been
> phoning home.
>
> I'm annoyed that Sony got off so easy after intentionally installing root
> kits.
----
umm...the DOJ is rather politicized these days but of course that would
lead to an off-topic discussion. I'm quite sure that if it were tied
into 2 illegal democratic votes, it would feel the full weight of the
DOJ. As it is...businesses do what businesses do or do you forget that
upon taking office, the current administration gave a certain convicted
monopoly a "Get Out Of Jail, Free" card
----

> > naturally, those with the subject CD's should exchange them
>
> And start a class action suit against Sony.
----
yeah, there's some lawyers that need to make some money there.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>