Domain Hosting

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 09:24:08 MST 2007

If you want to park your domain and have one or more email addresses you have several options.

If you park your domain at Godaddy you get one email box of 25mb.  You can make it a catch all and give out any email address you like as long as it is at that domain.

You can buy an add on email package that will allow you to have multiple emails at that domain.  I think the going rate is about $19.95/year.

For just a few more dolllars you can have hosting that comes with email accounts.

GoDaddy is not the only game in town.

I wrestled with where to host my websites for a long time.  For me Godaddy gives the most bang for the buck.  I like their hosting, stats, and email.  It works for me.  Each of my sites has a different IP.  I like that.

I also know of a company that is up and comming it is http://www.mabushosting.net/index2.php

For $6.95/mo you can host upto 6 domains.  This is not domain pointing.  Run if you hear  domain pointing.  My experience with domain pointing is that it is problematic.

Mabus creates a document root for each domain. You then share your allocated  resources.  I host several of my website there also.

Your best bet is define your needs and evaluate each provider that was suggested.

Robert <ssjgolleta at anima-web.us> wrote: I currently own 2 domain names and I kinda host web pages. My friend and
I just used them mainly to play around with our servers at home. I would
probably parked them but I do used them every so often for our server.
We don't do anything serious with them other than e-mail, which is why I
need a couple of e-mail boxes with my domain.