Linux plus World of Warcraft

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:40:57 MST 2007

Blizzard relented on those Linux users BTW.  I have also seen articles about
running WoW under Crossfire where the folks said it worked reasonably well.
I have no clue whether that means they has no or few issues.  WoW has
relatively low graphics requirements compared to some games so I suspect
that make it a more likely candidate for Linux using some Windows
replacement tech.

On 3/21/07, Kurt Granroth <plug-discuss at granroth.org> wrote:

> Miles Beck wrote:
> > I also would eventually like to get a second lcd monitor but I have
> > heard setting up multi-monitor can be a bear. Is this still the case?
> >
> Not with the right distribution.  I setup a dual monitor nvidia system
> with openSUSE 10.2 all in SaX and it was as plug-n-play and
> point-n-click as you'd want.  Everything was detected automagically and
> the default setup was dead-on.  You could even graphically move the
> screens around to orient them the way you wanted.  All in all, it was
> just as easy as doing it in Windows or OS X.
>
> I then moved to a three monitor setup and that took a bit more thought,
> but in the end, it was still perfectly doable in SaX.  I didn't need to
> modify the xorg.conf at all.
>
> Now I /did/ modify it myself but that's only because I like to have very
> descriptive section names in my xorg.conf files.  That's certainly not
> necessary :-)
>
> Kurt

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss