NetworkManager and DNS

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 23:31:35 MST 2007

On 3/21/07, Eric Shubes <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

> Daniel P. Stasinski wrote:
> > There is an unfixed firmware bug in my DSL modem/router that causes it
> > to provide incorrect DNS servers when the DHCP lease is obtained.
> >
> > Before I started using NetworkManager, I could specify my own DNS
> > servers in /etc/resolve.conf but NetworkManager rewrites it with the
> > invalid server information provided by DHCP.  Is there some other
> > place where I can specify my own DNS servers?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Daniel
> >

> I presume you've tried to change the DSL modem/router's configuration.
>
> I think you'll need to configure your network interface as static. Either
> that or get a new DSL modem/router.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

I think he is not saying the router is providing invalid DNS servers, but
rather that Network manager is obtaining DNS server addresses from the
router and not using the custom address of his internal severs which are the
"correct" answer he wants for his environment.

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss