Linux plus World of Warcraft

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 14:20:44 MST 2007

I don't play WoW, but I've read some articles indicating it may be a bumpy road, but not because of linux.
Seems like a couple weeks ago, I read an article how some WoW servers don't allow users using Cedega on Linux to Play Wow.
That was a recent change since before they could. Perhaps that's been reversed though.

I have setup my laptop to use a second monitor, and that was OK, but not simple. It required xorg.conf tweaks and I had to
manually switched it on/off. Now that >1 year, and things tend to improve rapidly so it might be plug-n-play simple now.

Guess I'm not helping much, but no one else has responded yet.

Basically,
    -WoW is playable but your online universe may or may not be limited.
    -Multiple displays is also doable but might require some not-overly-hard tweaking.

-j