flyers? and where?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Mar 20 12:43:43 MST 2007

Am 20. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Josef Lowder so:

> One draft is available for consideration, additions,
> corrections, and/or revisions here:
>
> http://www.upquick.com/linux/brochure2.pdf

Excellent.

Now we need to figure out what fits in that spot.

I think it would be better to have the logo at the top.

Here are some text suggestions. Any suggestions or comments?

###
http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/
PLUG have several meetings a month.
The are held in different parts of the valley.[0]
PLUG also holds a monthly InstallFest dedicated to helping people install
and configure GNU/Linux.
There are other Free Software and GNU/Linux groups in the valley, see the
PLUG web site to find out where and when they meet.

discuss mailing list to find out more.</font>
###

We need to also make sure we've allocated room for sponsors, just in case.
That could be the "There are many online resources" section on the back
side. We could then keep that content until we had need to put in sponsor
logos.

We will need a slightly different version for inclusion with the
KidComputers program, but we can wait on creating that for a little while.

The document needs to go up on the web site as well.

Is it originally in OpenOffice.org format? I think we want the rw version
of the document as well as the ro pdf export.

[0] I don't like how that's stated, so please help us come up with better
wording.

danke,

der.hans

> Perhaps there are now some other better options.
>
> -------------------
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, der.hans wrote
>> moin moin,
>>
>> do we have the flyers electronically ready for printing?
>>
>> We want them to be a good advertisement for Free Software and for PLUG.
>>
>> They need to list the PLUG URL, that we have several meetings a
>> month in different parts of town ( but not necessarily where and
>> when ), that we have mailing lists and that we have a monthly
>> InstallFest. We need to explain what an InstallFest is. We might
>> want to mention that we have meetings dedicated to different themes,
>> but that might wait the announcement I'm not yet making...
>>
>> Anything else we want to make sure is listed?
>>
>> Do we want them to be trifold?
>>
>> Where should we put them out?
>>
>> Red Seven will put them out for us.
>>
>> Other small vendors like Motherboards and Upgrades and PC Club might
>> put them out for us.
>>
>> CompUSA is shutting down. Fry's would likely be ignored. Any other
>> big chains shops we should try for?
>>
>> Any non-computer tech places? Walt's TV probably would put stuff up for
>> us.
>>
>> Any non-tech places? Maybe Changing Hands bookstore. Heck, Borders might.
>>
>> We need to register with Arizona Chain Reaction, www.azcr.org.
>>
>> We also need some banners that people can put on their web sites.
>>
>> Would someone like to track distribution places for us?
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans

#  Schließlich verteidigt Amerika Freiheit. Und Freiheit beginnt mit dem Wort.
#    -- Gunter Grass