users accounts that don't save data

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Mar 19 18:27:52 MST 2007

Am 19. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

> looking for a way to have user accounts (local or ldap) whose data is
> erased (not saved) upon logout.
>
> Are there any methods that can accomplish this?

There's a pam directive to create a home dir, is there a matching
directive to remove home dirs?

You could use automount to mount their home dirs. Then you could either
have automount wipe the dirs or restore them to the default setup upon
unmount. You could also have automount mount some volatile filesystem that
automagically wipes itself upon unmount.

s/automount/samba/g is probably possible as well.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans