tab grouping in Firefox

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:15:52 MST 2007

Is there any reason you cannot use the "Bookmark all Tabs" option?  I might
think to have a few folders according to a scheme like you describe (e.g.
NewsHold, Working, etc.) and use bookmark all tabs to one of them.  You
might need to clean up from time to time though (I've not checked).  Another
possibility is the same except that you use a new folder each time and
delete each one when you finish with it.

On 3/19/07, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> just went through all the tab extensions and didn't see what I want.
>
> I'd like to be able to group a set of tabs and hide all but one. Actually,
> I'd like to be able to hide all of them or any number of them.
>
> For instance, let's say I'm reading my daily news in the afternoon with
> breakfast, I start opening up links to articles I want to read. I might
> read and closed half of them and want to get to the rest later, so I'd
> collapse the remaining items all down to one tab. Better yet I'd have them
> all hidden as a group to be called up later.
>
> I would then open up my $dayjob group and start checking things.
>
> In fact, $dayjob would have multiple groups, so I might open one group for
> $dayjob while leaving others hidden. Heck, it'd be awesome to be able to
> have a group of groups.
>
> In the evening, when I'm working on PLUG or LOPSA stuff, I might need to
> have several different pages open at a time.
>
> The new set could easily be done with a group bookmark as I refuse to
> login for news articles.
>
> Other sets I need have pages that I generally need to keep open. Some of
> those involve password-protected, deep link pages. I also tend to need
> them in groupings for different projects.
>
> After I get this worked out, I'll also need a way to watch some of them
> for updates and have some form of notification.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  "If class warfare is being waged in America, my class is clearly
> winning."
> #    -- Warren Buffett

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss