Ian Murdock, the "Ian" of Deb+Ian (Debian) is joining Sun Microsystems

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:12:11 MST 2007

Wow,

End of an era in some ways, beginning of an era in other ways.  For
anyone who knows me, it's no secret that I'm a big fan of Sun hardware
and software.  They've been through some rough times but I think they
are finally getting things back together.  Java is now Open
Source/GPL.  Open Solaris is Open Source and there is heavy discussion
about taking the project GPL.  Linux is awesome! I adore it, but I
also have  soft spot for Solaris / Open Solaris as well and it's great
to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

http://ianmurdock.com/2007/03/19/joining-sun/

Micah