How to send a fax via DSL?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Mar 16 14:04:32 MST 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 02:21:11PM -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
> .
> When I had a dial-up modem rather than a dsl connection,
> I was able to send faxes from the command line via modem
> using a program called 'efax'.
>
> But now that I am connected via DSL, I wonder how I can
> send a fax, since there is no dial tone?
>
> What is the solution?

Since dial-up modems use standard voice lines, you'll need a line with
the same DSL filter you have to use for your telephone. You have have
got a couple in your package, but if not they can't cost much...

--
Darrin Chandler                   |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
dwchandler at stilyagin.com          |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/