Fwd: Re: cups

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Sun Mar 11 14:57:48 MST 2007

Thanks for teaching me about  'netstat -an'
A portion of the listing is:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:2368          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:515             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:3338          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:20012           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
 also in the list were state:established & time_wait
if by 'matching up' you meant ' find duplicate ':x' ports (is that what it
means) I figured  that that is what 'established' meant. So I entered
http://localhost:631 and it responded:
	the requested resource was not found on this server
but 631s State is 'listen' so I entered one that is listed as
'established' (2368). and the screen would go blank and a progress monitor
would appear and zoom up to 100%. Then the b/s would slow until it stalled
even though the load is 100%..
Then I tried yet a third and it responds 'Could not connect.'
Hmmmmm.......