regal mesa installfest: installing printer

Robert N. Eaton Motheaton28 at aol.com
Sun Mar 11 09:34:00 MST 2007

In certain cases (my Minolta-Konica Magicolor 2300 DL for example) you
must make sure you have the proper PPD file in place, possibly in
/etc/cups/ppd. When you install the printer one of the cups screens will
ask "Have driver?" with a radio button. Click on the button and give the
path to the .ppd file.

I was tearing my hair out in clumps before I recognized that the cups
list of .ppd files didn't include one for my printer.

Bob Eaton