USB v?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Mar 9 12:52:56 MST 2007

Am 05. Mar, 2007 schwätzte Dazed_75 so:

> Oh, and yes Hans that looks like you should be able to talk to it at
> 2.0speeds if everything about the device you are connecting to it are
> 2.0 AND hi-speed (not all USB devices are).

OK.

> Also, the word Enhanced in your
> 00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 6300ESB USB2 Enhanced Host
> Controller (rev 02)
> also usually is taken to mean 2.0 without even the USB2 right before it.  In
> M$ the Enhanced is one of the few indicators.

Didn't know that.

Thanks to all who helped.

The problem turned out to be that the backups weren't just doing
incremental as we wished. One of the main filesystems was getting wiped at
the end of the backup, so every new backup had to copy that entire
filesystem over. Fixed that bug and now backups finish in a couple of
minutes with light load rather than in hours with load averages over 8.

danke,

der.hans
#  "If your girlfriend is crying crocodile tears it's because she's either
#  got salt in her eye or she's been listening to Air Supply."
#    -- Alice Cooper, 08Mar2005