ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

Rudolfo Munguia xaruum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:43:45 MST 2007

hmm, I understand your concern, In cases where I have had odd(newer)
resolutions required I have just looked up the LCD MFR Specs and added
specific modeline entries in my xorg config. That doesn't always work either
though. Last I heard for the newer resolutions, the xorg autodetect picked
them up and and set them up correctly with the newer chipsets.

IIRC there are a few small forums that specifically deal with
Linux/xorg/xfree86 on Dell Laptops. In fact, I think Dell now ships/supports
a brand of Linux on selected Laptops.