ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:10:55 MST 2007

I've needed to replace my failing laptop for months and have gone so far as
to purchase and return/exchange 3 of them.  They all used the newest Intel
on-board video but the recommended drivers for ubuntu 6.10 did not function
properly so in each case I had to fully restore Windows and take the machine
back.  Well, maybe "had to" is strong since I did have each machine working,
just not at the native wide screen (short screen in my opinion) LCD
resolution.

Anyway, I am looking at a Dell Inspiron E1505 which can be configured with a
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 Hypermemory video card.  I was hoping to
find someone who had that card working properly (resolution specifically)
with Ubuntu.  I could get it without but that is back to the Intel video
(although I hear the drivers do work now).

So really no specific question, more an appeal for info from folks who have
used the X1400

On 3/8/07, Rudolfo Munguia <xaruum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an IBM t40p with a Mobility FireGL, and a Toshiba with the Mobility
> Radeon x300 both of which have 6.10 running on them.
>
> The default install worked correctly for me. What questions did you have?
>
> Rudy
>
> On 3/8/07, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have any experience running Linux on a laptop with this video?
> > Specifically Ubuntu 6.10 but will happily take any input.

<snip>
and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss