Qwest.net and 2wire gateway

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Mar 7 11:32:23 MST 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007, Micah DesJardins wrote:
> Some input:
>
> It is indeed possible to put a 2wire box in bridging mode.
>
> Go to the Management and Diagnostic Console (They call it MDC for
> short) http://homeportal/management
>
> Look under Local Network -> Configure and find the Bridge Network option.
>
> Note* My understanding is that this is really for using several
> publicly routable static IPs directly which I'm not sure is what
> you're trying to accomplish.  As Craig mentioned you can do port by
> port or full forwarding.  You should be able to check the logs on the
> 2Wire for more info on what is happening.  Make sure you're running
> recent firmware.  See www.2wire.com for their knowledge base which has
> lots of good info.
>
> There's a reason these things are called "Home Portals"  I'm not
> totally against them, but I'm not exactly for them in terms of getting
> the routing set up that you want.  These are more for home users than
> anything else IMHO.
>
> Micah

But, this is what qwest sent me when I ordered the business services, so I am
trying to make it work, but I have given up because they are sending me the
actiontec.

nathan

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations