Qwest.net and 2wire gateway

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Wed Mar 7 08:51:08 MST 2007

Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I just got Qwest DSL and they assured me I could run a web server and email
> server on my qwest.net service, it's business services. I got everything
> setup with my static ip's, but I cannot connect to the boxen from the outside
> world. nmap shows port 22 being open, but ssh just sits forever and never
> gives any kind of error or anything. Does anyone have experience with these
> 2wire boxes? Is it not routing properly or something? The tech support guy
> for 2 wire connected remotely and set it up the way it should be, but when I
> said it still wasn't working, he said it wasn't his problem and hung up...
> seriously.
>
> I'm thinking trying to get qwest to send me the actiontec, but I doubt I'll
> get anywhere with the indian tech support.
>
> nathan

Nathan,

I picked up an Actiontec R1524SU at the developer's meeting last week. Don't
know if it works entirely or not, but appears to power up ok. I was going to
use it as a backup for a customer, but you can have it if you'd like. The
Actiontec presently at the customer's site is configured as a bridge, and I
have an IPCop behind it which connects with PPPoE just fine. I'm not sure
what that model number is though.

I have relatives in Payson that will be visiting this weekend. I can send it
up there with them when they return on Sunday if you'd like. Let me know if
you'd like to have it.

--
-Eric 'shubes'