canibalism

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 10:17:03 MST 2007

My opinion will be some what different than the rest of the group. My day job is programming on Windows.

C/C++ will give you a strong understanding of programming. They are also more complex to program with.

Java is much simpler than C/C++, but there is a ton of areas to cover. C# is similar to Java and you can program on Windows in .Net or Linux & windows with MONO.

PHP would be a good web platform if that's something interesting to you.

It really does depend on where you're at now and what you want to do.