canibalism

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 10:06:46 MST 2007

I did customer support once and this guy called in and during our conversation I asked him a question about what he was seeing on his screen and he replied that his brother had stepped on his laptop so he was not sure exactly what is said because it was cracked at the particular point.

ROFLOL.   He was nice about it when I told him I could not help him any further.

Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote: My personal experience is that I may tend to feel a user is 'stupid' (though not really) because of a communication issue.
As techies, we think differently than the average person. Now I do have an occasional story about a user that changes all the
fonts and window decorations to be the same colors as the backgrounds... or the mouse that doesn't work because the
computer isn't on. Not that those people are truly stupid (though its hard to not think so), just that things that are obvious to me
aren't obvious to them.

Patience and understanding resolve more issues than judgment and frustration.

-j