compiling gnucash

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Sun Mar 4 09:21:26 MST 2007

On 2007.03.01.23.02, Michael Havens wrote:
| Tell me.... what prograaam do you   suggest? Synaptic just complains about
| unresolved dependeencies.

Well, using synaptic I was able to install gnucash without issue on a
couple distros, since it pulls in the dependencies.

I compiled GNUCash from source recently, and it was definately
dependency hell. Had to apt-get bunches of -dev packages... finally I
got smart and grabbed apt-src. Then I could do apt-src install gnucash,
and it downloaded everything I needed to build gnucash. Then I made my
modification and proceeded from there. :)

--Brock