UNIX- Grad-daddy of all modern operating systems?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 12:58:59 MST 2007

In the early 80's the Army used an HP TI-59 to calculate Field          Artillery missions.

http://www.ti59.com/ti59.jpg

Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote: Jim wrote:
>Lynn Newton wrote:
>> But I'm sure there are a number of subscribers to this list
>> who can one-up me with "I remember when" stories, by margins
>> of several years at least.
> I don't know if this would be in the one up category, but I remember
> being a high school freshman in 1981 and spending time after school in
> the math teacher's room messing around with his TRS80 with a whopping
> 4KB RAM and running programs stored on cassette tape.

1982.  Casio FX700-P, 15-char 1-line LCD, bastardized BASIC dialect, 4K RAM (I
think).
It was also 6" by 2.5" by 0.2", which made it possible to use it as a
calculator
(good thing, as it wasn't a very good general-purpose computer.)  Also, 20
years
after my father bought it, it still worked and was in regular use.

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772
PHP Programming