Linux Career Opportunity with OdysseyWare, Inc.

James Clark jclark at odysseyware.com
Thu Jun 28 09:20:15 MST 2007

We have an immediate need for talented people with Linux Systems
Administrator Experience. (See Job Description Below)

We may have the career opportunity you have been looking for!

About OdysseyWare(r)

OdysseyWare(r) delivers on-line, web based computerized curriculum for
schools, grades 3-12, in the four core subjects plus electives.
OdysseyWare allows educators to individualize instruction and manage
student data while delivering content in an engaging, multi-media
format. It can be used as a core curriculum, for credit recovery,
remediation, enrichment, alternative education, summer school, and
special education.

OdysseyWare is a high growth, financially sound, entrepreneurial style
company that's the leader in meeting the educational needs of our
children to help them face the challenges of the 21st Century.

Why Should I Join Odysseyware?

OdysseyWare Environment:

You will work in a small, flexible, dynamic team environment with other
creative people who are working toward a common goal of developing
computerized curriculum delivered with state of the art technology.

Each and every employee has an opportunity to make an impact. You will
find friendly faces at OdysseyWare who are dedicated and loyal and are
excited to welcome you to the team!

Professional Development:

OdysseyWare recognizes the value of each employee. We are interested in
your growth as a team member and provide training, teambuilding, and
skills development when applicable.

We promote from within whenever possible. There are significant career
growth opportunities as our company continues to grow.

Benefits:

OdysseyWare offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package that includes medical, dental and vision healthcare plans, a
401K, paid vacations, eight paid holidays, life insurance and sick
leave.

Location:

OdysseyWare, Inc. www.odysseyware.com <http://www.odysseyware.com/>  is
located in Chandler, AZ. Our modern building with covered parking is
right near the I -10, 101, and SanTan Freeway (202), making it easily
accessible from most Phoenix suburbs. We are just minutes away from a
variety of shopping malls and restaurants.

Job Description: Senior Linux Systems Administrator

In this position you will install new software releases, perform system
upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related
problems on production and test servers.  You will work with an existing
team to assure we have good system backups including testing recovery of
those backups.  You will assume responsibility for maintaining data
files and monitoring system configuration and performance to ensure data
integrity, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction.

You must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
in a production web-based environment.  We will rely on your experience
and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.  You will perform a variety
of tasks working under general supervision, reporting to a project
leader / manager.  A certain degree of creativity and latitude is
required.

When not working on production issues you will work with IT to create,
install, and maintain internal test environments used by developers for
internal pre-production testing.

Experience with production network equipment including routers,
switches, and firewalls is a plus.  Knowledge of PostgreSQL, Python, and
Twistd is useful but not required.  Experience with non-Linux
environments (Windows, .NET) is a plus.

Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area and 3-5
years of experience in the field or in a related area.

If you're qualified and interested forward your resume as a Word
Document Attachment to:

Jim Clark, CSAM

Director of Staffing

Odyssey Ware Inc.