Host name redirect?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Jun 26 18:09:58 MST 2007

Q1) Is the old box staying up?  i.e will duck or 192.168.1.3 be in
existence after this?
Q2) Are eagle and duck internal or external names.  Are they local to
your subnet or global FQDN's associated with real IP's?
Q3) Are you changing the domain name or just the boxes name?

	Example myprojects.cornerstonehomes.com is my global name for my
projects server.  This name has not changed since I set it up.  I have
changed the external and internal IP's many times, and even the name of
the box.  For example when I started myprojects.cornerstonehomes.com was
hosted on myprojects.cornerstonehomes.com, then on
fedorafive.cornerstonehomes.com and is now hosted on
cc9013b.cornerstonehomes.com.  I can get to this through any of three
"classic/testing" external "real" IP/port combinations and I can get to
it through one of two internal IP's.  Same box, same apache server, no
virtual hosting.